RS = right side, WS = wrong side, SA = seam allowance.
1. Cut fabrics to the following sizes:
Outside fabric, inside lining & stabilizer: 5-1/2? x 15? each
Second row pocket fabric: 5-1/2? x 10-1/2?
Second row stabilizer: 5-1/2? x 5
Front pocket fabric: 5-1/2? x 14?
Front pocket stabilizer: 5-1/2? x 6-1/2?
2. Following the manufacturer™s directions, apply stabilizer to the WS of the outside fabric.
3. Fold one of the pocket fabrics in half, and press to crease. Pin and apply its stabilizer to the WS of one half, starting at the crease. Repeat for the other pocket.
The SA will extend slightly past the stabilizer. This is to help eliminate bulk. The remaining fabric will fold over and cover the other side.
4. To begin assembling, lay the lining fabric flat on the table. Next, take the 2nd row pocket piece and fold the loose half of the fabric to the back of the stabilizer. Place the pocket on the bottom end of the lining. Align the three cut sides. The top of the pocket should be facing the center of the lining. Pin.
5. Place the outside fabric on top, with RS together. Pin and leave the bottom side open. Stitch these together along the three sides with a 1/4" SA. Turn it all RS out through the opening in the bottom. Press
6. To assemble the front pocket, lay this piece on the table with RS facing up. Place the elastic strip across the half with the stabilizer, and 1/2" down from the center crease, and pin. Now fold the loose fabric down over on top with RS together. Pin and stitch only the two long sides with a 1/4" SA. Turn it RS out through the opening in the bottom. Press.
7. To assemble it all together, lay the larger piece on the table with the pocket face down. Position the front pocket on top, aligning to two open ends, and elastic side face down on top of the main piece. Stitch the two open ends together.
8. Fold the front pocket down, and top stitch an 1/8" seam below where these two fabrics meet.
9. Flip the front pocket to the front, and pin it with the top 1â€? lower than the top of the second pocket. This will add 1" to the bottom, and create a 1" accent piece on the back.
10. Top stitch to finish.
11. Following the instructions on the package, apply iron-on letters to the front flap or bottom of the front pocket.
12. Fold the flap down and tuck into the elastic band to close.
All swatches ship free.
There is a maximum purchase of 2 of the same swatch per order.
Swatches are excluded from coupon usage.
Swatches are not available to ship to Canada.