SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Flat skull mask
- Flat brush
- Smaller rounded brush
- Bottle of black acrylic paint
- Bottle of white acrylic paint
- Assorted artificial flowers colors of choice
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Wire cutters
- X-Acto® knife
- 11" x 14" canvas
- Foam brush
- Using the flat paintbrush and black paint, apply paint to the paper mache skull mask and allow it to dry.
- Using the black acrylic paint and a dry brush, barely put any paint on the brush, rub excess off on a paper towel or scrap piece of paper and lightly paint around the eyes, openings and teeth.
- Decide where to place the flowers around the crown of the mask.
- With the wire cutters, trim the stems of flowers to about 5" in length.
- Once the decision has been made as to where to place the flowers, use the X-Acto ® knife and pierce holes to slide the stems through the mask.
- Hot glue the stems from the inside of the mask to hold them in place.
- Using a foam brush, paint the canvas to look worn and weathered using a watercolor technique. See photo for inspiration.
- Attach the crafted mask in the center of canvas with hot glue.