SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 16 T-shirts
- 21?2 yds fabric: Backing & binding
- 11?2 yds Nature’s TouchEco-Cotton batting
- 4 yds 950F ShirTailorfusible interfacing
Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply interfacing.
Use 1/4" seam allowance, unless indicated. WS = Wrong sides
- 101?2" Omnigripcutting ruler
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Pinking shears
- Invisible marking pen
- Rotary cutter & mat
- Iron & pressing surface
- Wash & dry t-shirts without using fabric softener.
- To prepare t-shirts, cut at both side & shoulder seams. Collect backs & save for a future project.
- Cut sixteen 121?2" squares of ShirTailorfusible interfacing. Center 1 square over the graphic on the wrong side of each t-shirt & fuse.
- Place 1 shirt on a cutting surface & smooth. Center the Omnigripcutting ruler over the primary graphic. Cut one 101?2" block. Repeat for all the T-shirts.
- Arrange cut blocks into 4 rows of 4 blocks.
- Sew blocks together in each row. Press seams open. Sew rows together, align intersections. Press seams in 1 direction.
- Use finished quilt top as a guide. Cut both batting & backing fabric 3" larger on all sides.
- Place quilt top & backing fabric, WS together with batting between to create a quilt sandwich. Pin or baste layers together.
- Quilt as desired.
- Square off edges. Bind quilt to finish.