Practice stamping before beginning project.
1. Tape blank to surface of bench block. Tape should be placed just below center of blank for center placement of stamp.
2. Start stamping in the center of the blank. Work outward to the left and right. When stamping words with an even number of letters, start to the left and right of the center, working outward. Mark letter placement on the tape with a marker or pencil.
3. Grasp stamp firmly, the printed side faces you. Hold stamp flush to the top of the blank so all surfaces are in contact. Keep fingers down and away from the top of the stamp.
4. Use the brass stamping hammer to hit the stamp dead center with one swift strike. Don’t stamp more than once to avoid skipped or ghost impressions.
5. Continue stamping and spacing out letters evenly.
6. Use a permanent marker or acrylic paint to give stamped areas definition. Press the marker into the stamped areas or dab the paint on with a cotton swab. Use a paper towel or a soft cloth to remove the ink or paint from the surface.