1. Tape fabric down to a flat surface (tape down newspaper first to protect surface if desired). Tape diagonal stripes leaving spaces just as wide as the tape.
2. Paint the darker color first, covering about two-thirds of the stripe, make sure not to stop abruptly with the paint strokes, allow it to feather out. Allow to dry; apply a second coat if needed.
3. Paint the lighter color overlapping the feathered edge of the first color so it looks blended together. Allow to dry.
4. Cut the pouch shape out (two from each fabric, the top edge should be 12" (same as the entire length of the zipper including the tape ends).
5. Fold the top edge of each layer under ½" and press. Sandwich the zipper tape between the print and painted fabric on each side.
6. Using a zipper foot sew across securing the zipper to the fabric.
7. Fold at the zipper and line up sides and bottom of pouch, stitch together at 1/8".
8. Bind the edge with the bias tape, cut a piece 4" long and tie on zipper pull.