1. Start by cutting four, 24" lengths of chain in each of these three finishes: gold, silver and black nickel. There should be 12 lengths of chain.
2. To the end of each length, add one silver oval jump ring. Connect the 4 silver strands’ jump rings together onto one lead jump ring. Connect the 4 gold strands’ silver jump rings together onto another lead jump ring, and the same with the black nickel chains.
3. Connect all three lead jump rings onto one master jump ring; effectively funneling all the loose ends down into one single master jump ring.
4. Cut a 4" length of 16-gauge silver wire. Twist this onto the master jump ring, and then slide on a large bead cone that will hide the chain ends inside. Form a wrapped loop with the silver wire. To this wrapped loops, attach a jump ring and one side of your scrollwork clasp.
5. Start braiding the three colors of chain together, keeping each braid as even as possible.
6. At the end, secure these ends with another piece of 4" 16-gauge silver wire wrapped through the ends of the chains, then put this wire through another silver bead cone and finish with a wrapped loop.
7. To finish, attach a jump ring and the other half of clasp to the wrapped loop.