SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Big Twist™ Sincerely (100% Acrylic; 170gm/322 yds)
- White – 1 ball (A)
- Charcoal – 1 ball (B)
- US Size H-8 (5 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle
- 15 hdc x 11 rows = 4"
- Save time, check your gauge.
- FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
- Circumference: 54"
- Width: 8"
- Section 1
- Stripe Sequence: 2 rows A, 2 rows B
- With A, ch 34.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, *ch 1, sk next ch, sc in next ch; rep from * across, turn.
- Row 2: Ch 1, sc in 1st sc, sc in next ch-1 sp; *ch 1, sk next sc, sc in next ch-1 sp; rep from * across, sc in last sc, turn.
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc in 1st sc, *ch 1, sk next sc, sc in next ch-1 sp; rep from * across to last 2 st, ch 1, sk next sc, sc in last sc, turn.
- Working in Stripe Sequence, rep Rows 2 and 3 until piece measures 18" ending with 2 rows B.
- Section 2
- Row 1: Join A, ch 3 (counts as hdc, ch 1), *sk next st, hdc in next st, ch 1; rep from * to last st, hdc in last st.
- Row 2: Ch 2, hdc in each st to end.
- Rep Rows 1 and 2 until piece
- measures 36" then work Row 1 once more.
- Section 3
- Row 1: Join B, ch 2, hdc in each st to end.
- Rep Row 1 until piece measures 54".
- Fasten off.
- Sew short ends together to form cowl. Weave in ends.
- ch:- chain
- hdc: - half double crochet
- rep: - repeat(ing)
- sc: - single crochet
- sk: - skip
- sp: - space