SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies
- Jungle Animals Fondant and Gum Paste Mold
- Chocolate Decorator Preferred® Fondant (1 oz. makes 5 treats)
- Color Right™ Performance Color System (tinting formulas below)
- White-White Icing Color
- Decorator Brush Set
- Jungle Pals Standard Baking Cups
- Perfect Results® 12-Cup Muffin Pan
- 16" x 10" Cooling Grid
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing – 4.5 lb. Tub (5 cups makes 24 cupcakes)
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Decorating Tip: 2A
- Small bowl
- Favorite cupcake recipe or mix (4-1/2 cups batter makes 24 cupcakes)
Use Color Right base colors and QuickCount™ color formulas to tint icing in the following shades:
Spring Blue (formula 2985): 2 cups icing + 5 B + 1 BK
Brown Color Right bottle (“BR”) to paint features on monkey.
- Make fondant monkeys. Use jungle animals mold and chocolate fondant to make monkeys. In a small bowl, combine brown Color Right color with white-white icing color to make light brown. Use brush to paint muzzle light brown. Allow to dry 1-2 hours.
- Bake and cool cupcakes.
- Decorate cupcakes. Tint icing blue following formula above. Prepare a disposable decorating bag with tip 2A; fill with blue icing. Pipe swirl on cupcake top. Position monkey on cupcake.