SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Unfinished box
- Duct tape (coordinate with interior color)
- Craft paper
- *amount will depend on box size and how you decorate the box
- 4-6 sheets for outside color
- 3/4 sheets for inside color
- X-Acto® Knife / cutting mat
- Foamie sheets - white (thick) & black
- Decorative stickers and gems
- Double-sided Tape
- Cover the inside of the box with craft paper, secure in place with double-sided tape or glue.
- Decide how you want to make the mouth of your monster. Cut a hole in the lid and stand the box up or attach the lid at an angle to create the mouth opening. Secure the lid to the box with duct tape *use a color that coordinates with the interior of the box to make the tape less visible.
- Cover the outside of the box with craft paper. Add interest by layering the paper and creating zigzags along one edge to act as fur. Secure the paper in place with double-sided tape or glue.
- Add teeth to your monsters mouth with thick white foam, securing them to the inside of the mouth with double-sided tape of glue. Make sure to leave enough room for valentines to fit through.
- Add eyes with white foam sheets and black foam dots in the center
- Add other features (horns, ears, nose, etc.) to your monster with foam, stickers & gems.
- When cutting the mouth opening in the lid use an X-Acto® blade, but get help from an adult.