TINT FONDANT COLORS
Use Color Right™ base colors and formulas listed below to tint fondant amounts below in the following shades:
• 4 oz. Orange (Formula 1375; 4 drops O, 1 drop R)
• 4 oz. Blue (Formula 2905; 1 drop B, 1 drop O)
• 4 oz. Yellow (Formula 100; 1 drop Y)
• 4 oz. Pink (Formula 224; 3 drops R, 2 drops Y)
• 2 oz. Green (Formula 375; 2 drops B, 1 drop Y)
TINT CANDY COLORS
In candy melting plate, use Color Right base colors to mix the following:
• Orange (4 drops O, 1 drop R)
• Blue (1 drop B, 1 drop O)
• Yellow (1 drop Y)
• Pink (3 drops R, 2 drops Y)
• Light Yellow (1 drop Y with White-White icing color)
1. Make cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Divide batter into cake pans. Bake according to pan package directions. Allow to cool.
2. Make fondant flowers. Use 9" fondant roller with pink guide rings to roll out orange, blue, yellow and pink fondant, separately, 1/16" thick. Use straight side of “D” and “E” size round cut-outs to cut approximately four circles of each size in each color. Use fingers to slightly indent edges of circles to form flowers.
3. Paint flowers. Use brush to paint details in matching flower color. Paint light yellow flower centers. Allow to dry.
4. Make leaves. Roll out green fondant 1/16" thick. Use straight side of “D” leaf cut-out to cut 20 leaves and straight side of “F” leaf cut-out to cut 12 leaves. Use thin end of veining tool from set to score vein lines in leaves.
5. Fill cake. Thin each container of chocolate icing with 2 tablespoons corn syrup. Place first cake layer on cake plate. Use spatula and chocolate icing to ice top of first layer smooth. Stack next layer. Continue icing and adding layers. Ice entire cake smooth.
6. Decorate cake. Use white icing pouch and round tip to attach flowers and leaves to cake sides and pipe random dots.