1. All seams are 5/8" unless noted otherwise.
2. Use pattern instruction for top skirt but shorten hem line 7".
3. For under skirt cut lining as top skirt but cut another 1" off skirt length.
4. For front and back band: at hemline cut 7" length and the width of pattern of front and back.
5. Sew lining side seams, sew bands to bottom of lining and hem 1".
6. Sew skirt side seams, optional zipper and a turn and turn hem.
7. Cut a bias panel of 32" long on left side, 12" across at top, 17" across at bottom and 19" long on right side of panel. Turn and hem on sides and bottom of panel. Place center of panel at side seam waist, pin half of panel to front and half to back.
8. Cut and sew waistband to skirt. If using a gather waistband, insert elastic according to pattern.