1. Follow Simplicity® pattern 1421 View B to construct blazer.
2. Using a hand-sewing needle and thread, secure buttons to blazer collar/lapel.
1. Follow McCall's® pattern M6756 (View A) to construct shorts.
2. On edge of shorts hem were scalloped edge would have been. Press edge up 1/8" and then press again at 1/2". Slipstitch hem closed.
3. Place trim end RS together and stitch together at 5/8". Place WS of trim on edge of hem, lining up middle of trim on edge of hem and slipstitch into place. Match trim seam to outside short seam. Repeat for other leg opening.
1. Glue anchor button on top of red button. Allow to dry.
2. Glue large oval jump rings to the top and bottom on the back of the red button so that 1/4th of the rings are sticking out. Allow to dry.
3. Cut a 20" and 17" length of chain. Finish both ends with lobster clasp and large oval jump ring.
4. Cut ten 1-1/2" lengths of various style chains.
5. Attach a large jump ring to 1 end of all 10 chain lengths to create a tassel.
6. Attach tassel to the bottom large oval jump ring that was glued to the back of the red button.
7. Attach button to the center of the 20" chain using the top large oval jump ring glued to the back of the red button.