Quilt Size 80”x100”
Pillow Shams for standard pillow 26”x20”
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yd each of 11 Buttercream Quilt fabrics
- 6 yds for Quilt backing
- 1 yd for pillow sham backings
- 1 1/2 yd muslin for quilting shams
- 1 ½ yd for binding
- Queen size Hi-Loft batting
- Crib size batting for shams
- Rotary cutter, ruler and mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron and pressing surface
- Sewing Machine
Note – use ¼” seam allowances throughout.
- Refer to the Cutting Chart to identify fabric and see cutting sizes. Cut fabric according to the chart.
- The quilt is sewn together in seven large blocks as identified in the Placement Diagram. Working one large block at a time, arrange the fabric and sew the pieces together.
- Sew the large blocks in rows, then sew the rows together to form the quilt top.
- Sandwich the backing, batting and top together and quilt as desired.
- Trim the edges and sew on the binding.
For 2 Shams:
- From remaining quilt fabrics cut 6 strips 10” x 21”
- From backing cut 4 pieces 17” x 21”
- Sew 3 strips together for each sham.
- Sandwich the muslin, batting and top of each sham together and quilt as desired.
- Trim to 27 x 21 inches.
- To finish the shams turn down one 17” wide side of each backing piece ½” and press. Turn down another ½”, press and stitch.
- Lay front face down and pin 2 back pieces right sides up overlapping stitched edges.
- Stitch around in ¼” seam. Bind as you would a quilt.