SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Big Twist™ Value Worsted [6 oz/170 g; 371 yds/339 m]:
- Contrast (A) Medium Teal, 1 ball
- Contrast (B) Black, 1 ball
- Contrast (C) Gold, 1 ball
- Contrast (D) White, 1 ball
- Size U.S. H/8 [5 mm] crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Approx 7½" wide x 9¾" tall
- GAUGE 13 sc and 14 rows = 4"
- With A, ch 25.
- Row 1: [RS]. 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. Turn. 24 sc.
- Row 2: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Turn.
- Rep last row until work from beg
- measures 19½" ending on a WS row.
- Fasten off.
- Feather edging
- Fold Body in half lengthwise. With back of Body facing and working through both thicknesses, join A with sl st at bottom left corner, ch 1 and work 39 sc evenly up side. Turn.
- Next row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each of first 2 sc. *Skip next 2 sc. 5 dc in next sc. Skip next 2 sc. 1 sc in next sc. Rep from * to last sc. 1 sc in last sc. Fasten off.
- Rep Feather edging on opposite side, beg at top right corner of back.
- Eyes [make 2] With B, ch 4.
- RND 1: 11 dc in 4th ch from hook. Join C with sl st to top of ch 3. 12 dc.
- RND 2: With C, ch 3. 1 dc in same sp as last sl st. 2 dc in each dc around. Join D with sl st to top of ch 3. 24 dc.
- RND 3: With D, ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as last sl st. 2 dc in next dc. *1 sc in next dc. 2 dc in next dc. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first sc. 36 sc.
- Fasten off.
- With C, ch 7.
- Row 1: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. Turn. 6 sc.
- Row 2: Ch 1. Sc2tog. 1 sc in each of next 2 sc. Sc2tog. Turn. 4 sc.
- Row 3: Ch 1. 1 sc in each of 4 sc. Turn.
- Row 4: Ch 1. [Sc2tog] twice. Turn. 2 sc.
- Row 5: Ch 1. 1 sc in each of 2 sc. Turn.
- Row 6: Ch 1. Sc2tog. Fasten off.
- Attach Eyes and Beak as shown in picture.
- Pompom Ears [make 2]
- Wrap yarn around 2 fingers approx 30 times. Remove from fingers and tie tightly in center. Cut through each side of loops. Trim to smooth round shape. Sew 1
- pompom to each top corner of Owl Tablet Case.
- Approx = Approximate[ly]
- Beg = Begin[ing]
- Ch = Chain
- Cont = Continue
- Dc = Double
- Rep = Repeat[ing]
- Rnd = Round[s]
- RS = Right side
- Sc = Single crochet
- Sc2tog = Draw up a loop in each of next 2 sts. Yoh and draw through all 3 loops on hook
- Sl st = Slip stitch
- Sp = Space
- St[s] = Stitch[es]
- WS = Wrong Side
- Yoh = Yarn over hook