SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies:
- Easy Layers! Cake Pan Set
- 16"x10" Cooling Grid
- 6" Cake Circles
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing—4.5 lb. Tub (4 cups used)
- 13" Angled Spatula
- Black Decorator Preferred Fondant (24 oz. used)
- 20" Fondant Roller
- 20" Fondant Roller Guide Rings (orange used)
- Fondant Trimmer
- Fondant Smoother
- Parchment Paper
- 2-pc. Dusting Brush Set
- White-White Icing Color
- Favorite cake recipe or mix (1 mix [4-1/2 cups] used)
- Cake plate
- Scallop pattern
Cake serves 12.
- Bake and cool cake layers in pan set. Fill and stack layers on same size cake circle.
- Use spatula and white icing to lightly ice cake smooth. Cover cake with black fondant and smooth. Position cake on cake plate.
- Trace pattern on parchment paper sheet 6" high x 19-1/2" wide; repeat tracing as needed to cover sheet. Cut out scallops.
- Wrap pattern around cake and secure ends with tape. Dip small dusting brush in white-white color. Paint scallop sections in white. Carefully remove pattern.