SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cardstock: yellow, orange, blue
- Newspaper or similar
- Paperboard (cereal box, ect)
- Large bowl or pan
- Hot glue gun
- X-Atco® knife and blades
- Modge Podge®
- Templates (provided)
- Blow up 2 balloons, one smaller for the head and one larger for the body.
- Cut or rip strips of newspaper.
- Make paper mache:
- Mix a 1:1 ratio of water and flour, whisk until no lumps are left.
- Add more water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Dip strips into mixture and begin to paper mache the both balloons.
- Allow to dry completely.
- Repeat steps 4-7 one or two more times.
- Once completely dry, pop balloons and remove.
- Cut hole in bottom of smaller balloon so it fits nicely over larger balloon.
- Rip the yellow paper in to strips and adhere the strips using Modge Podge®.
- Allow to dry.
- Glue smaller piece to top of larger piece.
- Draw a square approximately a 4” on the back of the larger piece.
- Cut along the 2 sides and bottom edge, creating a flap.
- Cut a 4" x 2" piece of paperboard; fold in half.
- Glue to bottom edge of flap, lining up folded edge with bottom edge.
- Cut a 1/2" x 2" strip of yellow paper.
- Fold in half and glue to create a loop.
- Glue to paper board edge.
- Modge Podge® edges of flap with yellow paper.
- Cut templates out of orange paper.
- Glue corners of beak together and glue to the smaller piece, the head.
- Cut fringe piece; create fringe by rolling in on itself and glue.
- Adhere to top of head.
- Glue feet to bottom of body piece.
- Cut two small circles out of blue paper, glue above beak to create eyes.