1. With the carving tool, cut a circular opening on the bottom of the pumpkin, large enough to accommodate the light.
2. To print the pattern, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Print pattern onto the Sulky Stick 'n Carve sheet. Other pumpkin carving patterns can be found on the internet or trace or draw an original pattern onto the Stick ‘n Carve.
3. With scissors, cut off the excess paper around the pattern design, leaving roughly a 1” margin.
4. Peel off the white release paper of the Stick 'n Carve and stick the pattern onto the smoothest side of the pumpkin. Rub the pattern thoroughly to make sure all areas are firmly adhered.
5. Insert the pumpkin carving tool on the outline of the pattern, and cut with an up and down sawing motion.
6. Continue to saw along all the outlines of the pattern. For sharp corners of the pattern, remove the carving tool and reinsert at the new angle.
7. When a piece is fully cut out, push or pull it in the direction of least resistance to remove it safely.
8. After all pieces are cut and removed, rinse the pumpkin with running water in the sink to completely dissolve away the Stick 'n Carve.
9. Dry the pumpkin and place it on top of the light.