SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1-3/4 yards 44" wide Plaiditudes fabric
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Matching thread
- Cut a rectangle of fabric 44" wide by 60" tall on grain.
- Measure and mark 2" from each edge and sew along markings using a straight stitch following the grain. This line of stitching will prevent the scarf from fraying too much.
- To fringe edges, pull out threads along the edges up to the stitching.
TIP - For easy fringing, make little cuts all around the poncho every 2"-3" (cut just up to the stitching). Fringe in small sections, using a straight pin or a needle to help pull out the little clumps of thread.
3 Ways to Wear Your Blanket Scarf:
- Option 1: Fold in half diagonally. Place the point in the front and tie the longer ends behind your neck. Bring the tied ends forward over your shoulder.
- Option 2: Gather up the 60" edges to form a narrow scarf 60" long. Wrap around your neck with one end in front and one behind.
- Option 3: Gather up the 60" edges to form a narrow scarf 60" long. Place scarf over the back of your neck and secure in front with a narrow belt.