1. Prewash shirt in cold water and leave damp. Protect work surface with plastic table cover.
2. Lay damp shirt out smoothly on covered work area.
3. Mix dyes as directed and pour approximately half of each color into the two plastic bowls.
4. Add a third to half as much water to each color to dilute.
5. Brush one of the diluted colors down one side of shirt, making sure dye saturates to the back side.
6. Leave the center section of shirt white and brush the second color on the other side. Sleeves not necessary. Cover shirt with plastic sheet and let set 6 to 8 hours or longer. Launder according to package instructions.
7. Cut 1/2" wide strips of the pink, white and orange sections, starting from the bottom to create long strips.
8. Pull each strip to create a thin, coiled length piece.
9. Create as many strands desired. Fold a piece of fabric around ends to hold together and stitch along open side, leaving an opening on ends for ties.
10. Insert a single strip on both open ends and stitch to make ties.