SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Krylon® Fusion® for Plastic: River Rock & Chocolate Brown Hammered
- Krylon® Paint Pens: Black, White & Sun Yellow
- 5 carvable pumpkins in progressive sizes
- Stencils: 4"-5" numbers, bats, moon & stars
- 1/2" dowel: 3-ft long
- 5 lbs sand
- Paring knife
- Masking paper
- Optional: Small saw to cut dowel to size
- Determine the order in which the pumpkins will stack with largest as the base & progressively smaller to the top.
- With a paring knife, carefully cut the stem off all but the top pumpkin, leaving a 1" hole. Cut a 1" hole in the bottom of all but the bottom pumpkin to allow pumpkins to be threaded onto the dowel.
- Spray paint individual pumpkins with River Rock; repeating coats as necessary for complete coverage. Allow to dry.
- To add texture & dimension, spritz tops & bottoms of pumpkins lightly with Chocolate Brown Hammered paint; allow paint to mist onto the foundation coat of River Rock.
- Position number stencils onto one of the pumpkins, masking off all areas not to be painted. Spray numbers with Chocolate Brown Hammered. Allow to dry.
- Using Halloween stencils, trace designs onto pumpkins, or draw them free-hand. Fill in & outline design with Paint Pens. Outline house numbers with black.
- Add sand to bottom pumpkin. Insert dowel into sand. Thread other pumpkins onto dowel. If needed, cut dowel to fit height of the totem.