SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart® Scrubby™: 1 ball each Almond (A), Marble (B), Coconut (C)
- Susan Bates® Knitting Needles: 3.75mm [US 5]
- Small amount of black yarn
- Yarn needle
- Tape measure
- Scrubby measures 6-1/2" [16.5 cm] x 6-1/2" [16.5 cm].
- GAUGE: Gauge is not critical for this project.
- SPECIAL ABBREVIATIONS:
- kfb: Knit 1 front and back (increase) Knit next st, then knit it through back loop.
- PUPPY FACE
- With A, cast on 34 sts.
- Row 1: [K1, p1] across.
- Repeat Row 1 until piece measures 6½" [16.5 cm] from beginning.
- Bind off in pattern.
- EAR (make 2)
- With B, cast on 6 sts.
- Rows 1-4: Knit.
- Row 5: K1, kfb, k2, kfb, k1 – 8 sts.
- Row 6: Knit.
- Repeat Row 6 until piece measures 3¾" [9.5 cm] from beginning.
- Next Row: K1, k2tog, k2, k2tog, k1 – 6 sts.
- Next Row: Knit.
- Next Row: K1, [k2tog] 2 times, k1 – 4 sts.
- Next Row: [K2tog] 2 times – 2 sts.
- Next Row: K2tog.
- Fasten off, leaving a long end.
- With A, cast on 16 sts.
- Bind off.
- Fold in half, lining up ends. Sew ends in center of top of Face.
- With C, cast on 5 sts.
- Row 1: Knit.
- Row 2: Kfb, knit to last st, kfb – 7 sts.
- Row 3: Knit.
- Rows 4-7: Repeat Rows 2-3 – 11 sts at end of Row 7.
- Rows 8-10: Knit.
- Row 11: K2tog, knit to last 2 sts, k2tog – 9 sts.
- Rows 12-15: Repeat Rows 10-11 – 5 sts at end of Row 15.
- Bind off, leaving long end of yarn.
- Sew ears on either side of Puppy Face. Using Black, embroider nose and eyes in satin stitch on Snout. Embroider mouth in straight stitch. Sew Snout in center of Face.
- Weave in ends.
- A, B, C = Color A, B, C
- cm = centimeters
- k = knit
- k2tog = knit 2 sts together
- mm = millimeters
- p = purl
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- tog = together
- [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified