NOTE: Sample used Sunnyside at Noon, Bed of Roses Orange, Birdsong White, Sunnyside Gray, Ring Around the Roses, and Vinca Gray from Cloud9 Fabrics.
RST = Right Sides Together. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application of all interfacing/fusible webs.
1. Cut two 14” x 14” squares each of 4 coordinating fabrics. Cut four 14” x 14” squares of Duck Canvas. Cut twelve 14” x 14” squares of Fusible Fleece. Set aside.
2. Determine appliqué design. Trace or draw design onto the paper side of the EZ-Steam® II. Roughly cut around design. Remove the waxy side.
3. Finger press exposed pressure sensitive side to the wrong side of appliqué fabric. Cut out design following drawn lines.
4. Remove paper backing and arrange appliqué as desired on right side of one Duck Canvas square. Finger press in place and fuse.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for second pouf.
6. Fuse one 14” x 14” square of Fusible Fleece to the wrong side of all 8 coordinating fabric squares and all 4 Duck Canvas squares.
7. Finish the edges of the appliqués with a zig zag or straight stitch if desired.
8. Quilt all non-appliquéd squares as desired.
9. Place appliquéd Duck Canvas square RST with one coordinating fabric square. Stitch along one edge using a 1/2” seam allowance starting and stopping 1/2” in from the corners.
10. Place the matching fabric square RST with the same Duck Canvas square and stitch along opposite edge in the same manner.
11. Repeat with remaining two sides and two matching fabric squares.
12. Fold fabric squares up, place adjacent squares RST, and pin along edges to create a cube shape. Sew all seams with a 1/2” seam allowance, starting at the Duck Canvas end, stopping 1/2” in from the opposite end.
13. Pin remaining Duck Canvas square in place, with RST, matching all raw edges to complete the cube. Sew around all 4 sides leaving a 5” gap on one side for turning.
14. Turn right side out and carefully push out all corners. Press seams for cleaner edges.
15. Stuff each pouf to desired level of fill. (Sample used two 16oz. bags per pouf.)
16. Hand stitch opening closed using an invisible stitch.