Gauge is not important for this project.
Written for 62" scarf; changes for 38" scarf in ( ).
1. Stretch 1 end of the yarn open for several inches & lay it flat, placing the edge with the metallic thread along the bottom. Work the top of the mesh of holes; leaving the metallic edge loose to form ruffle.
2. Begin at the top right edge; insert tip of a knitting needle from back to front starting 4"[10 cm] from end & use top row of holes (railroad tracks). Continue inserting needle 5 (9) more times skipping 1 hole between each stitch for 6(10) cast-on stitches. Place this needle in left hand.
3. Pick up right hand needle & knit between the top two threads of the mesh (railroad tracks) going into every other hole.
4. Continue knitting these 6 (10) stitches on each row, turning work in the same direction at end of rows.
5. Put work down & open up the mesh as you go. Knit until 24" [61 cm]remains for binding off.
Bind off as usual, drawing the end of the yarn through the last bound-off stitch. Trim, leaving a 4" [10 cm] end. To finish the ends, fold under the corner & tack to inside with sewing needle & thread.