1. Cut two 17"x17" pieces of muslin.
2. Cut five 2"x36" bias strips from muslin.
3. Stitch down center of each strip using a long stitch or baste stitch. Gather each strip to 17".
4. On front of pillow, draw a line 2¼" from one edge. Draw another line 2½" away from first line.
5. From perpendicular edge draw a line 2¼" away from edge and another line 2½" away from previous line. Draw another line 2½" away from the previous line.
6. Place ruffles down onto drawn lines. Pin in place. Weave ruffles in a basket weave pattern where the lines intersect.
7. Stitch ruffles in place. When a ruffle intersects with another, stitch up to the ruffle, backstitch and continue on the opposite side of ruffle.
8. Once ruffles are in place, stitch front and back RS together. Leave a small opening for turning. Clip corners and turn inside out.
9. Insert pillow form and hand stitch opening closed.
RS= Right side(s)