1. Lay out tank on top of the T-shirt, lining up the top of the tank straps with the folds on the T-shirt. Make sure it is centered.
2. Cut it out, starting with the bottom, using the tank as your guide.
3. Sew sides together.
4. Using the fabric cut from bottom and sides, cut 5-3/4" strips to make flowers.
5. Cut the sleeves off of the extra material and cut the shoulder so it lays flat.
6. Measure around the neckline from front to back and multiply this number by 2. Cut the strips from the fabric and sew them together to get that multiplied length. Make sure to cut a smooth line, as these won’t be hemmed.
7. Sew ends of the ruffle together to form a loop. Sew a running stitch down the length of it. Gather and pin the neckline with the shirt inside out and raw edges together. Flip the ruffle and sew it in place all the way around.
8. Using the strips cut earlier, fold them over into a scrunched up design. Pin it on shirt at center of the rose. Put the presser foot down on the center of rose and start to sew. Sew a little past the center on the strip, then fold the strip at a 90-degree angle and sew down a short ways. Flip the strip again, this time at a slightly wider angle. Continue all the way around in a spiral until the rose is the desired size. Cut the remainder of the strip off, leaving an inch. Tuck this under the last layer to hide the edge. Stitch to the end.
9. Add gemstones to center of flowers.