SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® COLOR WAVES: Ocean Drive 1 ball or color of choice
- Lion Brand® knitting needles size 8 (5 mm)
- Lion Brand®® large-eyed blunt needle
- Tape measure
SIZE: About 8" x 37" (20.5 x 94 cm)
- 18 sts + 32 rows = about 4" (10 cm) in Garter st (knit every st on every row).
- BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
- STITCH EXPLANATION
- kfb (knit in front and back) Knit next st without removing it from left hand needle, then k through back of same st – 1 st increased.
- Scarf is worked in one piece.
- One end of the Scarf is shaped with increases and a slit is worked on the opposite end to create styling options.
- To work the slit, you will need to wind yarn into 2 separate balls before beginning.
- Cast on 10 sts.
- Knit 3 rows.
- Next Row (Increase Row): K1, kfb, k to last 2 sts, kfb, k1 – you will have 12 sts at the end of this row.
- Rep last 4 rows until you have 36 sts.
- Continue in Garter st (knit every st on every row) until piece measures about 29" (73.5 cm) from beginning.
- Divide for Slit
- Next Row: K18, join a second ball of yarn and k to end of row.
- Working both sides AT THE SAME TIME with separate balls of yarn, continue in Garter st for 19 more rows.
- Joining Row: Knit across all sts on both sides with the same ball of yarn to join. Cut second ball of yarn, leaving a yarn tail to weave in later.
- Continue in Garter st until piece measures about 4" (10 cm) from Joining Row.
- Bind off.
- Weave in ends.
- k = knit
- rep = repeat
- st(s) = stitch(es)