SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Thick Scrap Cardboard, 8"x 8"
- 2 Empty 2 Liter Soda Bottles
- Foamies Sheets in Green, Teal, Grey, White, Red, and Black
- Paint Brush
- White Primer Paint
- Green Acrylic Paint
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Black Strapping Trim, 1" thick x 9"
- Fab Lab Mesh Tubing, Green
- Black Elastic, 1" Thick
- Gray Funkin
- Stick on Velcro Squares
- Hot Glue Gun/Glue Gun Sticks
- Tacky Glue
- Pattern Templates (see Get Patterns tab)
DIRECTIONS:To find the downloadable patterns click on the "GET PATTERNS" tab above.
- Cut out the pattern pieces from the foamies sheets as shown in the pattern templates.
- Lay out one of the black pieces, position and glue the green nose piece in place.
- Glue the second black piece on top of the first.
- Glue the teal piece on top of the black pieces.
- Cut a piece of elastic that will fit around the child’s head.
- Hot glue the ends to either side of the mask.
- Paint the soda bottles with a layer of primer paint. Allow to dry. When dry, paint them with the green acrylic paint. Allow to dry.
- Decorate the soda bottles by wrapping them with strips of the black trim, and of the teal foamies.
- Cut a piece of cardboard 8"x 8". Paint it black. Hot glue the soda bottles to the cardboard.
- Cut a piece of the green mesh tube 36" long. Glue it coming out of the scuba tanks. Cut circles of the foamies sheets to create a mouth piece to attach to the other end of the tube.
- Cut straps of the black trim, long enough to fit around the child’s arms like a backpack. Hot glue them to the back of the cardboard piece.
- Cut a piece of black foamies, 2" wide and long enough to reach around the child’s waist, gluing strips together if needed, and overlap the ends by an inch and a half. Attach a piece of stick on Velcro to each end of the belt.
- Cut out a belt buckle from gray foamies, using the pattern templates, and glue it to the front of the belt.
- Cut out weights from the green and teal foamies, using the pattern templates, and glue them to the belt.
- Cut out the pattern pieces from the teal and green foamies, using the pattern templates.
- Glue the green foamies on top of the teal foamies.
- Make sure it fits over child’s foot, making a wider hole if needed.
- Cut out the fin pieces from the gray foamies. With the top fins, glue the two pieces together at the top, and hot glue the bottoms in place around the stem of the funkin.
- Glue the ends of the tail fins together. Position and glue the tail fins to the back of the funkin shark.
- Position and glue the side fins to either side of the funkin shark.
- Cut out the eyes, mouth, and teeth pieces. Glue them to the face of the funkin shark.