1. Cut the following pieces from black vinyl:
Two 9”x12” rectangles: front and back of purse
One 1-1/2”x46” strip: cross body strap
One 1-1/2”x14” strip: wrist strap
Two 1-1/2”x3” strip: to hold d-Rings
2. Cut an 18”x12” piece from leopard print lining.
3. Leave the stitching on the bottom of the fringe trim intact to make it easier to manage while pinning and sewing. Measure and mark every 5” on edge of black fringe trim. Repeat for ivory fringe trim.
4. Place 9”x12” piece of vinyl on work surface with long edge running horizontally. Starting at the bottom left edge of vinyl, pin black fringe end so that the bottom edge of fringe hangs off approximately 2” from bottom edge of vinyl. Pin every 5” mark every 3” across width on vinyl. Allow extra fringe to drape and create a scallop effect. Stitch fringe in place.
5. The next row uses ivory fringe trim. Measure for second row. This row should be placed so that approximately 2” of bottom black layer of fringe shows under the ivory trim. Pin every 5” mark every 3” across width on vinyl.
6. Repeat, working up, until top of fringe scallop meets the top edge of vinyl, alternating colors between black and ivory.
7. Pin one more layer of fringe straight across top edge of vinyl. Stitch. This will be trimmed at the end.
8. Place one side of zipper face down along top edge of fringed vinyl. Stitch zipper in place using a 1/2" seam allowance. Pin other side of zipper face down to right side of plain 9”x12” piece of vinyl so they are even. Stitch using a 1/2" seam allowance.
9. Tape fringe towards center of piece to hold it away from seams while pinning and sewing.
10. With right sides of vinyl together, stitch sides and bottom of purse front and back together using an 1/2" seam allowance. Back stitch at zipper.
11. Clip corners. Turn right side out and set aside.
12. Fold edges of 1-1/2”x3" vinyl piece to meet in the center. Stitch 1/4” from each side. Side swivel purse clip on and fold each end in 1/2" and stitch. Repeat for second 1-1/2”x3" piece.
13. Stitch these pieces to top right edge on purse back, right under zipper. Repeat on left side.
14. Fold lining in half with right sides together (9”x12”), stitch sides using a 1/2" seam allowance.
15. Place lining in purse. Fold edge under and slip stitch 1/4" below zipper teeth.
16. Fold edges of 1-1/2”x46” cross body strap to meet in the center. Stitch 1/4” from each side. Repeat for 1-1/2”x14” wrist strap.
17. Slide D-ring onto end of wrist strap. Fold under 1/2" on each end with D-ring placed in one of the folds. Stitch together so folded edges are flush, above D-ring.
18. Slide D-ring on to one end of the long strap. Fold end under 1/2". Fold under another ½” and stitch above D-ring. Repeat on other end of strap.
19. Pull and remove the holding string on the bottom of the fringe trim.
20. With scissors trim the top layer of fringe to match the scalloped pattern, approximately 2” above ivory layer.