1. Remove the backing board and place frame in paper bag.
2. To remove glass from frame, put on safety gloves and hammer out the glass while shadow box is in the paper bag.
3. Shake the glass out of the bag into a trash can while holding onto the shadow box. Repeat for second shadow box.
4. Paint both shadow boxes with the White Adirondack, inside and out. Allow boxes to dry.
5. Paint both shadow boxes with Maui, inside and out. Allow boxes to dry.
6. Paint the wood strips with White Adirondack, on all sides. Allow strips to dry.
7. Paint the wood strips with Maui, all sides. Allow strips to dry.
8. Lightly distress the shadow boxes and the wood strips with sandpaper exposing the white color underneath.
9. Measure and cut two strips for shelves per shadowbox.
10. Lay two shelves in each box and evenly space them.
11. Measure and draw lines on the shadow box for shelf placement. Make dots for placement of the eye hooks, about 1/8”? from inside and outside edge.
12. Repeat the same steps for the second shadow box.
13. Using a small drill, dremel or hammer and nail, make a starter hole for each eye hook.
14. Screw in all eye hooks, 4 per shelf. Paint the eye hooks Maui.
15. Glue the shadow boxes together, clamp them and allow to dry.
16. Base paint dinosaurs with spray paint. Allow to dry.
17. Paint designs on top of each dinosaur using a complementary color: blue, red, lime green. Allow to dry.
18. Once shelf unit is dry, rub with the Home Decor white wax. Allow to dry.
19. Attach 2 hanging brackets on the backside of the shelf unit at the top edge for hanging.