Do not use unbaked clay on unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Start with clean hands and work surface area. Good work surfaces include wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Knead clay until soft and smooth. For best results, clean hands in between colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces together firmly. Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275 F for 30 minutes per 1/4” thickness. For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR RECOMMENDED BAKING TIME. Wash hands after use. Baking should be complete by an adult.
Preheat oven to 275 F.Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. For best results, condition all clay by running it through the clay dedicated pasta machine several passes on the widest setting. Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the fold side into the rollers first.
1. Roll out a sheet of each Canary, Royalty and Pistachio clay to a 1/8” sheet. Cut out two 2” squares of each color from the sheet.
2. Roll out sheets of each Igloo and Royalty to a 1/16” sheet. Cut out two 2” squares of Royalty and three 2” squares of Igloo.
3. Make a stack of the clay in this order from bottom to top. Gently press the stack of clay together to eliminate air pockets. Cut the stack in half and stack them together. Again gently press the clay together to eliminate air pockets. Place the stack into the freezer for 15 minutes to make the clay firmer.
a. 1/16” sheet of Royalty
b. Pistachio sheet
c. Igloo sheet
d. 1/8” Royalty sheet
e. Igloo sheet
4. Cut off a 1/16” inch slice of the stacked clay.
5. Make a 1/16” thick sheet of Pistachio.
6. Press the striped slice and the Pistachio sheet together.
7. Take an index card and cut out the desired letter. The M is approximately 1-1/2” x 1-3/4”.
8. Lay the paper letter onto the striped clay and cut out with craft knife. Insert the 2 eye pins into the top of the letter. It may be necessary to cut the eye pins before inserting them.
9. Bake the letter according to the directions above and allow to completely cool.
10. Attach crystals using clear, fast drying glue and allow to dry completely.
11. Attach letter to Jump Rings. Add letter to the necklace.