SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
Note: To prevent fraying, use a finishing or zig zag stitch along each fabric edge. Seam allowances are 1/2" unless otherwise noted. If ironing is needed, use a medium set dry iron.
1. Measure circumference of chair back. Divide this number by 2 and add 1" for seam allowance.
2. Using measurements in Step 1, center and mark measured lines around the motifs. Cut on the drawn lines for front and back.
3. Measure desired height for chair back cover not to exceed 23". Adding 1" for hem, cut each Square.
4. With right sides together, pin front and back pieces together leaving bottom side open. Sew pieces together on top and both sides.
5. Create a 2" box pleat on both top corners. To do this, fold the corner until it creates a corner triangle by matching up the side seam and top seam. Press with medium dry iron. Pin the triangle to hold. Make a mark 1" in from the corner triangle and draw a line 2" across the triangle. Stitch on drawn line. Do not trim the seam. Turn cover right side out.
Tip: The distance measured along the seam is equal to half the depth of the corner. Example: If a 3" depth is desired, measure 1-1/2" from the corner.