SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Square By Design?? Square
- 2/3 yd 54??? width fabric for pillow back
- 2 pkgs. 10mm Round Stud Pack Matte??
- 20" pillow insert
- Metal or leather thimble
- Rotary cutter, cutting mat & ruler
- Chalk for marking
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
Finished size: 21-1/2" x 21-1/2"
Note: Seam allowances are 1/2". If ironing is needed, use dry iron.
- Measure and mark center of Square By Design?? Square. Keeping motif centered, cut Square to measure 23" x 23". From backing fabric, cut a piece to measure 23" x 23".
- With right side of Square facing up, use chalk to mark a dot 1" from one corner and 1" from raw edge. Continue to mark dots every 1-3/8" around all four sides of pillow front.
- Center studs over each dot and press through fabric. From wrong side of pillow front, secure studs in place by bending prongs inward using a thimble.
- Pin pillow front to pillow back, right sides together. Sew pieces together leaving a 12" opening along the bottom edge.
- Turn pillow to right side through opening and press. Studs should be 1/2" from finished edge. Topstitch 1" from outside edge leaving the 12" opening unstitched.
- Insert the pillow form through 12" opening. Pin opening closed and push pillow insert back from the 1" stitch line. Continue machine topstitching. Hand stitch opening closed along bottom edge.