Using the measurements of the duvet, cut the orange fabric 2" longer than the duvet.
Duvet Measurements: 86"x86"
1. Repeat to have 2 pieces. Sew the two pieces together on the long end. Measure the width and cut down to 2" wider than the duvet measurements. Use pins to secure when sewing. (Cut evenly from each side so the seam is in the center.) This will produce 1 piece of orange fabric 2" wider and taller than duvet measurements
2. Repeat step 1 with the tie-dye fabric, but this time make the length 6" longer than the duvet measurements.
3. Lay the two pieces of fabric together (right sides together) Line up the sides and bottom and sew along the edge 1/2" from the edge.
4. The top tie-dye piece will be longer then the orange piece. Fold under the edges 1/4" twice and sew to finish them off.
5. Create 4 button holes evenly spaced across the longer portion of the tie-dye piece. This will be the edge that folds down to close the duvet.
6. Sew the buttons in place on the orange fabric corresponding to where the buttonholes are.
7. Add a decorative batik style band across the duvet using various stamps and the StazOn Stamp pads. Allow to dry.
Embroidered Pattern Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS: