- Plain white dish flour sack
- Fabric paint
- Medium flat brush
2mmfoam sheet 6mmfoam sheet
- X-Acto® Blade
Paper towel/ water for clean up
- Hot glue gun / glue
- Black fabric marker
- Choose a fruit, leaf or organic element and create a few stamp variations. To create the stamp, draw your shapes with a pencil on
2mmfoam. Cut out the shapes from the thinner foam and hot glue the cutouts to a piece of thicker 6mmfoam as the base.
- Using a flat medium brush, paint the desired color onto the stamp. Test the stamp before stamping onto your
towelby stamping your design onto a paper towel. This will help you figure out the correct amount of paint and pressure needed before applying it to your towel.
- Vary the designs and stamp the bottom 1/3 of the
towel. To add interest, rotate the stamps, mix up with colors between the different elements of the design and use an array of shapes.
- Once the paint is
dry, add details to some of the stamped areas with a black fabric marker.
- Heat set your paint with an iron for best results. Using medium
dryheat and a scrap piece of fabric over your design, iron the painted area for 3-5 minutes keeping the iron moving as to not scorch the paint. This will add durabilityto the painted design.