SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2yd Purple Minky
- 1/2yd Printed Flannel
- Thread to Natch
- Scissors, Needles, Straight Pins
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Pattern Templates A, B, and C (see GET PATTERNS tab)
DIRECTIONS:To find the downloadable patterns click on the "GET PATTERNS" tab above.
- With right sides together, cut two Pattern Template A from purple minky. Cut 4 Pattern Template B from printed flannel and cut 30 Pattern Template C from printed flannel.
- With right sides together, sew 15 sets of Template C to make spikes. Turn right side out and press.
- With right sides together, sew two sets of Template B to make wings. Turn right side out and press. Fold 1/4" to inside along open edge. Top stitch along dotted lines.
- Pin spikes along body back Template A from top of head to tail with points facing in. Baste spikes in place. Pin the two body Template A pieces together, right sides together. Stitch together leaving an opening where marked on Template.
- Turn right side out.
- Stuff with poly-fil. Whip stitch opening closed.
- Pin wings in place, making sure they match on both sides. Whip stitch in place.
- Sew one button on each side of head where marked on Template for eyes.
- These fabrics are suggestions. Feel free to use any kind of fabric you prefer, though materials with less stretch are recommended.