Join FARE’s Teal Pumpkin Project™ to help us create a safer, happier Halloween for all!
FARE’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the health of individuals with food allergies, and to provide them hope through the promise of new treatments.
To learn more about The Teal Pumpkin Project™, visit: http://tealpumpkinproject.org
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Assorted shapes of pumpkins in orange & cream
- Teal yarn
- Teal wire
- Assorted teal acrylic paints
- Ombre assorted teal buttons
- Teal ribbon
- Assorted colors of teal artificial flowers
- Wire cutter
- X-Acto® knife
- Tacky glue
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Assorted fresh leaves from the yard
- Medium & small paint brush
- Assorted acrylic teal paints
- Yarn and wire pumpkin: Wrap pumpkin in the grooves with the teal yarn, gluing it occasionally on the bottom as you go. Wrap the stem with the teal wire and also make curly vines. Clip the curly vines to the desired length and attach under the base of the stem using hot glue.
- Button ribbon pumpkin: Remove the stem. Attach the ribbon where the stem was, alternating the kinds of ribbons on each groove. Fold the ribbon and cut the ribbons on a 45 degree at the desired length. This makes a nice finished tail. Hot glue the buttons onto the ribbon tails, switching up the colors of buttons.
- Cream fall leaf pumpkin: Gather different leaves from your yard, making sure the size is relatively small. Using different colors of teal paint, brush the paint onto the leaf and press onto the pumpkin. Pull off leaf to leave a relief of the leaf itself.
- Floral pumpkin: Using an orange pumpkin cut off the top of the pumpkin. Arrange the teal flowers to cluster around the top of the pumpkin. Use leftover teal wire and make little corkscrew picks to insert into the arrangement.
- Doodled cream pumpkin: Using the small brush and assorted acrylic paints, create a different doodle within each segment or section on the pumpkin. Mix up your styles so that no two are right beside each other.