1. With tape measure, measure under arms around body from back to front to determine the high bust measurement. Cut a piece of elastic 3/4 the length of the high bust measurement.
2. From one knit fabric, cut a strip along the salvage of knit measuring 4" wide by high bust measurement.
3. Fold 4" wide strip in half. Encase the elastic in between the folded strip. Stretch elastic the full length of the strip and pin where needed so the ends of the knit strip line up with the ends of the elastic. Stitch the elastic located inside the folded knit strip close to fold edge. Stitch an additional line through elastic and knit strip 1" down from previous stitch line. Sew both ends together.
4. For the bodice, cut the front and back from same knit. The bodice front and back pieces are shaped like a trapezoid.
The bodice front height is 7". The upper width is half of high bust measurement plus 3". Measure waist. The bottom width of bodice is half of waist measurement plus 1". With ruler, shape this piece like a trapezoid. Cut two pieces, one for self and one for facing.
The bodice back height is 7". The upper width is half of high bust measurement minus 1". The bottom width of bodice is half of waist measurement plus 1". With ruler shape this piece like a trapezoid. In center of back, measure down 2". Cut a curve from bodice sides to 2" down in center of back. The piece should appear to dip down in the back from the sides that are 7" in height and the center back at 5" in height. Cut two pieces, one for self and one for facing.
5. Sew front and back pieces together at side seams with a 1/2" seam allowance.
6. To form ruffle, cut from other knit fabric a strip that is the length of high bust measurement by 3-1/2" wide. On both width sides and one length side of strip, fold down 1/4" and stitch close to edge. Press. Baste stitch close to edge on length side that is not stitched down. Gather by pulling threads on each side of baste stitch, until gathered strip is same length as width of front bodice piece. Sew ruffle to top edge of front bodice along previous baste stitch.
7. With 1/2" seam allowance, sew elastic and knit casing to upper bodice with ruffle. Press.
8. Sew the bodice facing to elastic casing as well. Press.
9. Cut two 30"x 32" pieces for skirt using the same fabric as used for the ruffle. Sew side seams together along 30" edges.
10. Baste stitch along top edge of skirt. Gather skirt to length of bodice. Sew to self of bodice with 1/2" seam allowance.
11. Attach facing bodice by hand to skirt with a slip-stitch.
12. Hem skirt. Fold inward 1", stitch down and press.
13. For the bow, cut a strip of team fabric that is 5" wide by desired length.
14. Sew a 1/2" seam allowance along strip length, with right sides together. Flip right side out and press. For ends, turn an inch inward and stitch 1/4" away from edge. Press. Tie bow around waist where skirt and bodice meet.
Note: Any finished product made using team fabric is for personal use only. It should not be sold to anyone.