Large (purple) - Tablet prop, 6” x 6” x 8-1/2”
Medium (lime) - e-Reader prop, 5” x 5” x 7”
Small (blue) - Cell phone prop, 4” x 4” x 5”
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 Fabric Central® Quatre Foil Fabric Quarters
- 1 bag polyester fiberfill
- 1 bag Poly-pellets®
- 3 decorative buttons
- Rotary cutter & mat
- Acrylic ruler
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
Read all instructions before beginning project. Do not pre-wash fabrics. Before cutting, press fabrics with a dry iron on cotton setting. Sew fabrics with a 1/4” seam allowance and right sides together (RST) unless otherwise noted.
1 – 12” x 18-1/2” (Tablet prop)
1 – 11” x 15” (e-Reader prop)
1 - 9” x 10-1/2” (Cell phone prop)
Finished care instructions:
- For all sizes, fold the rectangle in half RST so long edges meet. Sew along one short edge, and the long edge opposite the fold and backstitch (Dia. B). Press the seams open. Tip: Place a towel inside to press the seams open.
- Turn right side out. Lightly press fold opposite long seam to mark the center. Place flat on a table with the long seam down. Match the fold to the long seam to center the front on the back. Fold the front corner flat to the front so it looks like a diamond.
- Find the center of the diamond and mark with a pin. Measure halfway from the pin to the top point and mark a line from edge to edge. Sew across the line, back stitching at the beginning and end. Fold the top point on the stitched line, matching the seams. Secure in place by hand sewing the decorative button close to the point (Dia. D). Note: Do not sew through all layers; sew only through the diamond, not the back.
- Measure 4” from the open end and draw a line from edge to edge. Then draw 2 lines 1/2” apart and two lines 1” apart as shown in Diagram E.
- Insert enough fiberfill to fill the space and add dimension. Note: Overfilling prevent the electronic devise from nestling. Carefully pour some Poly-pellets® into the bottom, enough to add weight to the prop.
- Pin well along the marked 4” line. Check that the Poly-Pelletsare pushed away from the seam and sew the opening closed, backstitching at each end. Sew two more rows 1/2” apart on the drawn lines to form a channel.
- Refer to Diagram H to fold the open end over twice on the drawn lines to form a 1” tube; stitch close to the edge; fold the tube over the channel and tack the corners to the sides.
- Insert electronic device into the small pocket (see photo).
Wipe with a damp cloth if needed.