For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Prewash fabric without fabric softener. Do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with plastic table cover. Lay damp fabric flat on work surface.
3. Fold shirt in half lengthwise.
4. Draw half of a heart on fold, using chalk pencil.
5. Accordion-fold the fabric along heart outline, forcing it into a straight line.
6. Secure with rubber band along area of gathers.
7. Prepare dye following package instructions.
8. Squeeze one color of dye onto center of heart. Squeeze a second color onto remainder of shirt.
9. Cover fabric with plastic table cover. Let set 6-8 hours.
10. Rinse fabric in warm water until water runs clear. Remove rubber bands.
11. Fill washer to large load setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of non-bleach laundry detergent. Wash and dry separately for the first few washes.