SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cuffs & Hand Muffs:
- Five Craft Fur pkg. or 3/8 yd. of white fun fur
- Five Craft Fur pkg. 1" wide or cut strips of white fun fur
- Pkg. of white Velcro®
- 1 yd. of 1/4" elastic
Tail & Mane:
3 skeins of yarn
3/8 yd. of glitter fabric
Gold stretch trim
Small piece of cardboard
Basic sewing supplies
All seams are 1/2" unless otherwise noted.
Cuffs and Hand Muffs:
- If using 5 Craft Fur pkgs., sew all 5 together and use as one piece.
- Cut 2 rectangles 11-3/4" wide x 10" long with the fur going down for cuffs. Cut 2 rectangles 12" wide x 6-1/2" long with fur going down for hand muffs.
- Sew elastic to top of cuffs and muffs stretching elastic slightly. Sew strips of fur over elastic. Do not stretch the fur strips to fit elastic. Sew Velcro® to side edges to close.
Tail and Mane:
- Cut 1 skein for tail, 50" long strips, fold in half and tie a piece of yarn in a knot leaving a piece long enough to tie a loop. This loop can be hung on a hanger so that working with the tail is easy. Divide yarn into to three sections and braid for 3' and tie off leaving the rest of yarn hanging. Usually the yarn has three plies in each strand. Spread the three plies apart to make the tail puff up. Trim uneven yarn.
- Cut 1-1/2 skeins for the mane 50" long strips, fold in half and tie a piece of yarn in a knot leaving enough for a loop. This loop can be hung on a hanger to make braiding easy. Divide yarn into 3 sections and braid leaving about 3” and tie off. When finished cut off loops on the tail and mane.
- Cut glitter fabric into a triangle 8" at the bottom, 10-1/2" tall. Sew side of triangle together tucking in one edge of gold stretch trim at the top of triangle. Turn right sides out and stuff.
- Cut a circle 7" in circumference, insert against the stuffing, hand stitch opening closed. The horn can be stretched down over the cardboard.
- Wrap the gold stretch trim to make spirals, glue the end to the bottom of horn.
- Glue horn into the tie off edges. Trim if necessary.