Unicorn Drawstring Bag
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Unicorn print fabric - each bag needs two pieces 12 1/2" high by 9 1/4" wide
- Rainbow Ribbon - 2 pieces 24" long for each bag
- Basic sewing supplies
- Air erasable fabric marker
- Large safety pin
- Sewing machine or Serger
- Iron and pressing surface Finished size about 8 1/2" x 11"
- Finish all edges of the fabric pieces with a three or four thread overlock stitch on a serger or an overcast stitch on a sewing machine.
- Pin the right sides of the fabric together and mark 2 1/4" down from the top along both side edges. Sew from the mark down each of the sides using a 1/4" seam allowance.
- Press the seams open and continue pressing, turning the unsewn portion of the side edges back 1/4" as if continuing the seam.
- Sew 1/8" seam down one side of the pressed-under edge until the seam is reached, then sew across the seam and back up the other pressed edge.
- Sew 1/4" seam across the bottom of the bag. Turn right-side out and press.
- Fold the top down toward the inside 1" on both sides; press and sew to make a casing.
- Put the two pieces of ribbon through all the way around the casing. Tie the ends of the same ribbon together to form a loop.
- Be sure the knotted end of one ribbon is at one casing opening and the other ribbon's knot on the other casing opening. When the knots are pulled the ribbons close up the top.