SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Blank cards & envelopes in desired colors
- Heart foamies (assorted colors/glitter)
- Small red pom poms
- Black pen or fine point marker
- Unfinished wood blanks
- Coordinating acrylic paint
- Medium flat brush & small detail brush
- Hot glue gun/glue gun sticks
- Use the foamie hearts to create patterns on the front of your blank card. Make a grid pattern, straight lines, abstract patterns or mix sizes.
- Glue red pom poms sporadically around the front of the card.
- Using a black marker or pen draw a half circle at one end as the head of the lady bug.
- Add antennae to the head of the lady bug and legs coming from either side.
- Paint your unfinished wood blanks in the desired colors. Add stripes, dots or details to the shapes or paint them a solid color. Experiment with how complex you want to paint them or do simple color blocking.
- Once the paint has dried, hot glue the wooden shape to the front of your card.
- Finish by adding a message in your card and inserting in an envelope.
- Experiment with making horizontal and vertical cards, you can also cut down standard cards and make them custom sizes.
- If mailing you may need extra postage, check with your postmaster before mailing.