1. Paint all craft plywood brown using a foam brush, and allow to dry.
2. Paint all craft plywood white, going over the first coat of brown. Paint 2-3 coats.
3. Distress all craft plywood edges with sandpaper to achieve a worn look.
4. Lay all nine pieces of painted and distressed craft plywood face down on a flat surface, leaving small gaps between each piece.
5 Apply wood glue to the back of all three basswood pieces.
6. Adhere basswood pieces to the back side of the craft plywood, one piece will go in the center and the other two pieces will be placed 2" in from each side.
7. Use staple gun and short staples to hold all craft plywood and basswood in place.
8. Place heavy items on top of the basswood pieces for 24 hours while wood glue dries.
Vintage Style Foamcore Letters:
1. Draw or trace large letters on to white foamcore board.
2. Cut each letter out with an X-Acto® knife.
3. Paint the front and sides of eachÂ foamcoreÂ letter red with a foam brush.
4. Use the silver leafing pen to draw faux stitch marks around the edges of each red foamcore letter.
5. Hot glueÂ foamcoreÂ letters to the front of the pallet sign, being sure they are centered first.