SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
• DCWV® 6"x6" Stacks®: burlap, corrugate, adhesive cork, fiber paper
• Burlap fabric: Large square of natural & green
• 1/2" burlap ribbon
• Embroidery needle
• Template for mittens, heart & star: Available online or use a personal die-cut machine
• Sewing machine (optional)
• Basic sewing supplies
• Papercrafting adhesive
• Paper trimmer
1. Cut hearts from a purple corrugate Stack®. Adhere a small section of burlap strings to the top of each heart. These will be used to attach them to the garland later on. Add small strips of natural burlap around edges of each heart. Adhere or sew in place. Set aside.
2. Cut desired number of mitten sets from the burlap Stack®. Adhere a small set of burlap strings to the top corner of each piece. Add a 1/2" strip of coordinating corrugate paper. Set aside.
3. Cut stars from the cork Stack®. Adhere a small section of burlap strings to the top of each star. Add a 1/4" border around all sides using a sheet from the corrugate Stack®. Set aside.
4. Take a coordinating sheet of paper from the fiber Stack®. Cut into 1/2"x6" strips. Roll each strip into a paper bead. Leave an open area in the middle. Adhere the end firmly in place to finish each one.
5. Begin assembling garland by cutting a strip of the burlap ribbon to the desired length of the finished garland. Thread needle with twine. Beginning 6" in from the left side, thread needle up through the back to the front of the burlap ribbon. Add a paper bead to the end of the needle. Thread the needle down and back up through the ribbon, coming up 1” down from the first bead. Add another bead to the end of needle. Thread the needle down and back up through the burlap ribbon, coming up 2" down from the bead. Thread next paper bead onto the needle and thread the needle down and back up the burlap ribbon, 1" from the bead. Continue pattern with 2"-1"-2" spacing to the end of the ribbon.
6. Add icons from steps 1-3 in an alternating pattern, using the order in which they were created. Attach them to the burlap ribbon in the 2" spaces between bead sets.
7. Embellish the garland with green burlap bow on each end & a green burlap knot above each icon.