1. Measure the height and circumference of candle. Cut a piece of aluminum foil double the height by the circumference +2" (Ex: a 6" tall candle with a 5" circumference will need a piece 12"x7").
2. Fold the foil piece in half to her the correct candle height. Wrap the aluminum foil around the candle overlapping the 2" excess and secure in place with a piece of scotch tape.
3. Secure the end of the yard to the bottom edge of the candle with hot glue, tucking the unfinished edge slightly under the candle base. (Do not put too much yarn under the candle as it will make the base unsteady)
4. Wrap the yarn around the candle making sure the yarn is tight and there are no gaps showing the aluminum foil through the candle. Secure in place with hot glue.
5. Once at the top of the aluminum foil, secure the end in place and cut off any excess yarn. Make sure to have a foil barrier between the yarn and candle at all times; the foil will act as a fire barrier.
6. Repeat with additional candles
**DO NOT LEAVE LIT CANDLES UNATTENDED.