Size of Quilt: 48" x 60"
Notes: 1/4" seam allowance used throughout
WOF = width of fabric
1. Determine fabric order and label 1 through 10.
2. For each zigzag row, cut two 7 ½" WOF strips. Sub cut each strip into four 7 ½" squares.
3. For row 1 with right sides together, lay fabric 1 square onto a fabric 2 square. Draw a diagonal line from one corner to opposite corner. Stitch ¼" from drawn line. Repeat stitching on other side of drawn line. Repeat for a total of four units. Cut on the drawn line, open block and press seam allowance toward darker fabric. Trim to a 6 ½" square. (8 half-square triangle blocks for each row)
4. Lay out each half square triangle block. Using photo as reference, turn each half square block as needed. Stitch blocks together to make first zigzag row.
5. For row 2, repeat steps 2 through 4 being sure to use four 7 ½" squares of fabric 2 and four 7 ½" squares of fabric 3. Use the photo as reference for row placement.
6. Repeat making a total of ten rows ending with fabrics 10 and 1.
7. Stitch rows together.
8. Piece backing fabric as needed to make a 56" x 68" rectangle.
9. Layer quilt top, batting and backing. Quilt as desired.
10. Cut six 2 ½" WOF strips for binding. Stitch short ends together. Press lengthwise with wrong sides together. Stitch binding to quilt with right sides together and raw edges even. Turn to back and whipstitch in place.