SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 9" Styrofoam® cone (or 6" for mini ghost)
- 2-1/2" Styrofoam® ball (or 1-1/2" for mini ghost)
- (2) 15" pieces of 20-gauge wire (a wire coat hanger also works)
- 3 yd package Dritz® white cheesecloth (or 12" for mini ghost)
- Small piece of black felt (for eyes)
- 2 oz. fabric stiffener
- Aluminum foil
- Plastic wrap
- Hot glue gun & glue
1. To create arms, take a wire and bend it in half, pressing the two cut ends together, and leaving a slight loop at the opposite end. Repeat with the second wire.
2. Attach the wires to the top of the cone with hot glue. Make sure that the loops are positioned out at the end, for the hands. Wrap the wires with tin foil and attach the ball to the top of the cone (for the head) with hot glue.
3. Drape a large piece of plastic wrap over the entire form. Cheesecloth should drape in a truly ghostly fashion and not stick to the cone.
4. Cut a 6" square of cheesecloth and place it in a bowl. Cover it with fabric stiffener and squeeze it out. This piece will go on the head. Repeat this process with a 1-yard piece of cheesecloth to create the “body," draping and gathering the cheesecloth as it is being shaped.
5. Allow to dry. Remove the stiffened cheesecloth from the form and add felt eyes.