SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Pattern: Simplicity® 1520 (sold in stores), View A
- Fabric & notions per pattern jacket
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
Sew PJ pants according to pattern instructions.
Tips for sewing with fleece and flannel:
- If the sewing machine has an adjustment for foot pressure, lighten the pressure a bit to accomodate the thickness of the fleece.
- Thread - polyester is the best choice as it is strong, but has some give for the stretchy fabric.
- Needle - universal or stretch needle in size 80/12.
- Stitch length - 7 to 9 stitches/inch or a stitch length of 3mm to 3.5mm
- For stuffed animals, use anti-pill fleece rather than felt for a more durable finished toy.
- Fleece does not ravel, making it perfect for making stuffed animals and dolls. The details (eyes, mouths, etc.) can be cut out of fleece and just straight stitched on, without worries about raveling.