SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 17” x 23” Purchased Bulletin Board
- 1 yd Glitter Knit Fabric
- 3 yds Silver Glitter Cording
- 1 Sheet Silver Glitter Scrapbook Paper
- Thumb Tacks or Glue
- Matching Thread
- Basic Sewing Supplies
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for sewing and pressing glitter fabric
- Cut 2 17”h x 10”w for side curtains and 1 46”w x 13”h for valance. Note: if using a fabric that will fray add 1” to all widths and lengths then make narrow hems as needed
- Lay long valance fabric WS up on flat surface, fold bottom edge up 4”; pin.
- Lay side curtains WS up on each end of valance along raw edge; pin.
- Fold top edge of valance down 3” covering top edge of curtain and valance; pin.
- Stitch close to raw edge.
- Stitch again 1 ½” from first stitching to form casing.
- Cut 2 pieces of cording 1 yd; knot ends and thread cording through casing.
- Tie a knot approximately 6” from one end.
- Use thumbtacks or glue to secure curtain to upper corner of bulletin board.
- Gather curtain onto cording; pull cording tight and tie a knot to other end.
- Thumbtack or glue curtain to other end.
- Cut remaining yard of cording in half and use to tie curtains back.
- Cut out stars from glitter paper.