At Jo-Ann, our purpose – and passion – is to inspire creativity. Always embracing new ideas, we recognize the fulfillment and joy that creative pursuits bring to our customers' lives.
Jo-Ann Distribution Centers utilize the smartest processes and latest technology to create a state-of-the-art inventory distribution system for over 850 stores nationwide.
Stores Support Center
Our Store Support Center is headquartered in beautiful and historic Hudson, Ohio, located between Cleveland and Akron. Here, we support our stores and distribution centers by providing the best possible service across all areas of our business.
"Jo-Ann believes in promoting from within. I started 34 years ago working in a store. Today I am a Merchant in the Store Support Center. Every day, I apply what I've learned to grow and meet new challenges." – Dan
Making Quite an Impression for More than 70 Years
Originally a small cheese shop in Cleveland, Ohio, Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores has become one of America's most exciting retail brands. And with more than 850 stores in 49 states, we're also one of the biggest.Read More
Why Work at Jo-Ann?
Creative. Dynamic. On-trend. Add “Growing” to that list and you’ve just described Jo-Ann! These
qualities are just a few reasons why a career with us promises to be everything you want it to be.
More than 850 stores strong, our company is buzzing with an entrepreneurial spirit. One big reason is the arrival of the Maker Movement, a creative crusade led by DIYers who are all about inspiration and accomplishment.
As part of our team, you’ll have the chance to stand out as Jo-Ann helps define a very exciting time for our industry.
At Jo-Ann, we’re all about the creative process. Which means we never settle for ordinary. If you value creativity, collaboration and giving back, along with personal and professional growth, you’ve come to the right place.
Receive Email Notices of Latest Openings
It takes just four easy steps to receive emails notifying you of our latest openings.
- Create an account
- Select Job Management
- Click Saved Searches/Alerts (to create a new job alert)
- Receive Job Alert emails!
Jo-Ann: Making Quite an Impression for More than 70 Years
Originally a small cheese shop in Cleveland, Ohio, Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores has become
one of America's most exciting retail brands. And with more than 850 stores in 49 states,
we're also one of the biggest.
Bursting with fabrics, craft supplies and inspiration, Jo-Ann is creativity personified. But our company is so much more. We're opportunity, community and education. We're a place where our greatest asset – and most creative resource – is our people.
Wondering how we got here? We invite you to take a brief stroll through our history:
Fueling Creativity with Fabrics and Sew Much More
As the nation's largest fabric and craft retailer in the United States, Jo-Ann has
something for the maker in all of us. Shop any of our stores or Joann.com and you'll find
a wealth of competitively priced merchandise – from classic to contemporary – for sewing,
crafting and home décor projects.
On top of fabrics, we offer notions, floral & gardening items, frames, yarn, jewelry-making tools & supplies, papercrafting and foodcrafting favorites, art supplies, kids' crafting kits and educational items, along with finished seasonal & everyday home décor. In a number of our stores, you'll also find custom framing services, as well as educational classes for sewing and crafting enthusiasts of all ages and experience levels.
Our Character & Calling
The Jo-Ann character begins with our mission statement: "To spark the creativity that lives in every person." Our vision follows with being "the best fabric and craft retail brand – for our customers, our Team Members, our communities and our investors." We're passionate about making our mission and vision a reality, and we support them with our five core values: inspiration, compassion, accountability, respect and engagement.
Jo-Ann continues to grow, expanding into new markets every year and inspiring even more makers along the way. As we grow, we continue to search for new ways to connect with our customers. This desire has driven us to become a leading omni-channel retailer in our industry! Whether it's through print, e-mail, text messaging, Joann.com or social media, we strive to make connecting with Jo-Ann effortless. From idea through finished product, we're always available.
Join the Best Team. Inspire the Best Customers.
At Jo-Ann, our purpose – and passion – is to inspire creativity. We embrace new ideas and recognize the fulfillment and joy that creative pursuits bring to our customers’ lives.
From idea through finished project, we educate, inspire and empower millions of customers at more than 850 retail locations across the United States and at Joann.com®.
As times change, so do our customers. To stay in step, we’ve adapted our creative, merchandising and marketing approaches to fit the lifestyle and aesthetic of today’s new customers. Browse our aisles and you’ll see how we stand apart.
Offering a wealth of choices, along with industry-leading know-how, Jo-Ann is a launching point for creativity. Fueled by our customers’ desire to create, we never stop looking for new ways to inspire them. They enjoy expressing themselves through sewing, scrapbooking, crafting, yarn and needlework, home décor, jewelry, foodcrafting, celebratory and seasonal products.
Join our Team. Be part of something special. An invaluable resource, our Team Members are passionate, creative people who love what they do, and it shows. We invite you to share your creative spirit with our customers – from one-on-one customer advice to teaching a class. Expand your retail experience with Jo-Ann and find yourself on the fast track to running a multi-million-dollar business.
Whatever your professional pursuit, Jo-Ann is a place where you can share your unique voice and creative vision, all while contributing to a creative movement that is sweeping the nation.
- District Manager
- Accountable for daily operation, merchandising, sales, profitability, shrink, payroll and development of their assigned district stores.
- Store Manager
- Accountable for the daily operation, merchandising, profitability and sales of the store. Also responsible for development, management and engagement of the store team.
- Assistant Store Manager
- Responsible for managing the daily operation, profitability, shrink, sales and development of the team.
- Freight Supervisor
- Responsible for freight processing and stocking functions during non-selling and/or overnight hours. Assigns floor tasks to the selling team as warranted.
- Inventory Coordinator
- Responsible for freight receiving, processing, and stocking functions. Maintains backroom standards and organization.
- Team Member
- Responsible for an exceptional in-store experience and excellent customer service on the sales floor, cutting counter and cash register areas.
- Key Holder
- Responsible for an exceptional in-store experience and excellent customer service through direct interaction and engagement with customers and team members.
- Framing Specialist
- Responsible for the sales of Custom Framing and ready-made frames. Learn new framing techniques & suggest framing design options.
Here, we control the flow of product to our entire network of stores. We do so by utilizing the
smartest processes and latest technology. A vital part of our business, this state-of-the-art
inventory distribution system supports our more than 850 stores.
At our DCs, our Team Members focus on quality and efficiency to ensure that Jo-Ann products – from fabrics to frames – are delivered safely to our stores and on schedule for our customers.
Whether you operate material handling equipment to unload or replenish inventory, fulfill orders or prepare the orders for shipments, you will be an integral component of our business. Here, teamwork, innovative thinking and attention to detail are the keys to our success.
Distribution Center Locations
Distribution Center Positions
- General Warehouse
- Unloads and packs items from warehouse storage to fulfill store orders. Prepares cartons for shipment to stores. All product selected must be loaded onto the designated trailer for shipment.
- Equipment Driver
- Places each pallet of product received in the best reserve or selection directed. Operates power equipment such as Reach Truck or Fork Lift.
- Receiving Clerk
- Assists in processing of all inbound articles. Coordinates with Receiving support team and Operations to ensure all inbound receipts are accurately recorded.
- Reporting Clerk
- Responsible for maintenance of all production, accountability systems and reporting for the Distribution Center to include all overview systems, data bases, dashboards and scorecards.
- Maintenance Mechanic (Technician)
- Responsible for preventative maintenance and routine repair on battery changer, rolling equipment, mechanical systems, conveyor, plumbing, electrical systems, plus interior and exterior facilities maintenance.
- Pre-Press Imaging Technician
- Operates all Pre-press printing equipment. Prepares electronic files for printing. Imposes the supplied files, makes a digital color proof, verifies the proof for color and placement to make color correct plates for producing high quality Jo-Ann signs, forms, flyers and other printed materials.
- Facility Planning Clerk
- Assists in daily operations of facility planning department. Facilitates planning – including location of new articles and systemic and physical location setup according to article type and category. Responsible for identifying systemic, dimension, replenishment and pallet move issues and resolving according to company policy.
- Inventory Control Clerk
- Handles all mark outs identified by the operation clerks in Distribution Center. Reviews and handles all problem pallets through computer system and in collaboration with the operations clerk. Performs cycle counts and zero/slot checks to endure that inventory levels are correct.
- The Quality Assurance Clerk
- Responsible for auditing and verifying operational and procedural aspects of the Distribution Center. Ensure that all auditing procedures are being adhered to, and that the quality of work is at or above standard. All auditing discrepancies are to be investigated to determine the root cause.
- Wave Planner
- Verifies that daily cycle interfaces successfully from SAP Mainframe system to EXE Warehouse Management System. Releases the stores that are to be selected based on the Store Ordering and Delivery Schedule. Ensures labels and documents are produced correctly for each functional area.
Store Support Center
Our Store Support Center is headquartered in beautiful and historic Hudson, Ohio, located
between Cleveland and Akron.
We call our home office our Store Support Center (SSC) because we support our stores and distribution centers by providing the best possible service across all areas of our business.
The Store Support Center is staffed by a team of talented individuals dedicated to inspiring creativity while growing the Jo-Ann brand. This is where we shape the marketing, merchandising, inventory and operational support, logistics, information systems, human resources, store planning and support for our growing number of stores.
Whether you're designing the next in-demand products, utilizing innovative technologies, opening or remodeling new stores, or promoting product launches, you'll love your life at Jo-Ann!
Store Support Center Departments
- Product Development
- Accounting, Finance
- Human Resources
- Store Development
- Marketing, Advertising, Creative
- eCommerce & Omni-channel
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Store Operations
A Wealth of Benefits
At Jo-Ann, we encourage our Team Members to enjoy a balanced, healthy lifestyle by providing a
wide range of benefits and incentives. Additionally, we offer terrific opportunities for our
Team Members to thrive – and grow – professionally.
Please note that eligibility for the following benefits varies based on position, location, hours worked and length of service.
Health & Well-Being
- Medical & prescription plans
- 24-hour nurse line
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Dental & vision plans
- Domestic partner health coverage
- Health savings account & flexible spending account
- Wellness programs
- Inspiration-themed events
- Company-sponsored volunteer activities
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company-paid short-term disability coverage
- Long-term disability coverage
- Company-paid life insurance plus optional additional life insurance
- Daycare flexible spending account & childcare discounts
- Commuter benefit
- Discounted auto & home insurance plans
- Generous paid time off & sick time
- Company-paid holidays
- Health club membership discounts
- 20% Team Member discount, with additional discount days throughout the year
- Group legal services plan
- Additional food, service & entertainment discounts
- Alternative work schedules
Career Training & Development
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training & development, including leadership development
- Mentoring programs
- Recognition programs
- Advancement opportunities
- Internships & job shadowing
Now Hiring Seasonal Team Members
Before we can help our customers deck the halls, we need even more hands on deck. Our Seasonal Team Members serve our customers on the selling floor, interact with customers and assist with merchandising.
- 20% Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Inspiring Environment
Corporate Giving at Jo-Ann
Our desire to give back stems from our commitment to – and appreciation for – every community
we touch. We are proud of the contributions our Team Members have made, and we will continue to
look for new ways to support our communities.
The vision of the JoAnn Charitable Giving Program is to make a significant impact on local communities and national causes through multiple forms of giving.
In 2014, we revisited our charitable giving program to clearly and accurately convey our charitable principles and areas of focus to our Team Members and customers. Our primary areas of giving include: Arts & Education, Health & Wellness and Military Support.
Today, our support continues to grow as we discover new ways to give, share and help. To make an even larger impact, we've partnered with these national organizations:
National Military Family Association
Founded in 1969, the National Military Family Association, an advocate for countless military families, believes that all military families deserve comprehensive childcare, accessible healthcare, employment options for military spouses, great schools, caring communities, a secure retirement and support for widows and widowers.
Kids In Need Foundation
Kids In Need provides impoverished children and underfunded teachers with school supplies through the Foundation’s national network of resource centers. The Foundation's mission is to ensure that every child is prepared to learn and primed to succeed. More than $300 million in school supplies and nearly $1 million in teacher grants have been donated to date.
Boys & Girls Clubs of America
Serving nearly 4 million children, the Boys & Girls Clubs of America is dedicated to helping young people reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens. Boys & Girls Clubs are a safe place for children to learn and grow – all while having fun.
Breast Cancer Research Foundation
Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in women, exceeded only by lung cancer. The Breast Cancer Research Foundation is an independent, notforprofit organization focused on preventing, and ultimately finding a cure for, breast cancer. The Foundation provides critical funding for innovative clinical and translational research at leading medical centers worldwide and raises public awareness about the importance of good breast health.
Jo-Ann believes that community service goes hand-in-hand with customer service. Through these giving campaigns and more, we strive to do our part to make the world a better place.